Two nights out in a row last week knocked me on my ass. Well, kinda. Add a little stress to the equation and you come out with a sore throat and stuffy head. Good news is it's not a full blown cold (thanks in part to my obsessively healthy regime?) but it is just noticeable enough to make me feel a little whinier than usual.
I have been feeling very uninspired lately. Wanting to update this space but lacking words to fill it. I think I need to set myself some defined goals. I have been dabbling a lot, accomplishing little and it's time to take charge.
I was supposed to run a half-marathon in London, On. this weekend but had to bail out for a number of reasons... It's too bad because I was looking forward to it, but this cold and Passover kinda messed up my training anyway.
So some goals:
- Try a spinning class before the end of May.
- Run a 10K race before August (I know I can do it, I've run longer distances, just not sure I will enjoy the "race" experience.)
- Start writing an offline journal again. At least one day a week to start.
- Work at not over-scheduling my free time, try to keep at least one weeknight open for some much needed "me" time.
- Attempt a new recipe a month. I love cooking and especially making new dishes but if I don't plan it out, I end up eating the same stuff all the time.
Are these realistic?