09.28.07 I started this post nearly a month ago.. I finally found a few moments just now to wrap it up while Mia gurgles to herself on the activity mat.
I keep trying to a) find time to write and b) write about non-baby things but the truth is at the moment, I am heavily mom'd out. This is evidenced by behaviour that I previously shunned:
- I bought leggings. I haven't worn them since the 80s and they are not a great look for me, but when faced with a wardrobe of pants that won't close without much praying and swearing (and even then, only if they are extreme low rise) the $20 price tag for comfort is totally worth the overly trendiness.
- Eating microwaved meals. Really unsatisfying
- I go out in sweatpants. I was never that girl. Now I am. Sure they might be "fashionable" sweats, but come on, they have a drawstring and go fine with white gym socks.
- I generally hate chatting on the phone. Now it is a lifeline. I can put someone on speakerphone as I feed bebe.
- Eating in the car. I have become that woman you see cracking open a box of granola bars on my way home from doing the groceries. Driving is liberating in that our little Mia loves to snooze in the car.
- I wander the streets in a hungover, unwashed state, without the benefits of the wild party the night before.
- I have a hard time discussing anything non-baby related. It is all I breathe and dream about.
Fortunately, all the above is made worthwhile in that she is an absolute dream. She as a warm personality and the sweetest smile.